After reading over my last post, I realize that I never officially broadcast the news of the 2nd baby. There is a little baby girl growing in my belly. So Wyatt will have a little sister in a little less than 3 months.
The realization that we were entering into the home stretch of this pregnancy really hit me last week when I realized that there was less than 3 months to go. This realization did get me a lot more motivated to finish all of the new baby preparations though. I've had the bedding since the day we found out it was a girl. I saw something that I liked online and it said there were only 4 left so I couldn't risk it selling out. So I went ahead and bought it. We bought the crib this weekend. It will be a few more weeks before it will be delivered though. Once that gets here, I think I can start making some real progress. So other than those 2 things and the big selection of clothes, that is all that has been done.
And I've made a quilt for the little bit. Actually 2. They aren't finished yet, but I will post pics when they are. It's been quite an adventure working on them. I was able to get alot accomplished on them while Wes and Wyat were out of town this weekend. Progress has really slowed with Wyatt around. Since I set the sewing 'center' up in the upstairs bedroom, there are alot of disruptions -- turning on go-go, refilling the cup, sitting in the seat beside him. Plus I'm to the part of the project that I've never actually done before so there is definitely a learning curve.
Oh, and no, we have not decided on a name. For those that were around when we had Wyatt, you know that I would not agree to a name until I was actually in labor in the hospital. Of course, Wes had it picked out since before we were ever having a baby. We do have a few in the running for this little girl, but nothing decided yet.


oh, i thought she would be named after me...how disappointed I am.. NOT
ReplyDeletego on and post a pic of the part of the quilt that you have done.
Hooray! I'm so excited about a girl for you -- let the drama begin! And I'm dying to see a photo of the quilt. I'm a beginning sewer and am just a little obsessed . . .
ReplyDelete