I finished Wyatt's quilt last night. I have only been working on it since.......oh, about August! It was a little more time consuming that I thought when I decided to undertake it. I found the pattern for it here.
This is my 3rd quilt I've completed from start to finish since August. The first two were for Abby. The very first one was so easy that I jumped right on into the 2nd and 3rd ones. I've lost a little steam since then. I tried to use boyish fabrics but they are harder to find. For the back I used a flat sheet from Walmart. It had all the bright primary colors in it and wasn't $10 a yard either. I think it was $8 for a twin size???? Can't remember since it had been patiently waiting on the counter for a couple of months to be used.
I also used the the left over sheet fabric to bind it. I cut it on the bias so the stripes would be on the diagonaly and hide my novice hand sewing technique. I had to wing how to do that. I should have googled it first instead of being too lazy to walk back downstairs but I guess my engineering degrees came in handy trying to figure it out. ha!
I think he likes it. He keeps pointing out the stars and cars on it.


LOVE it! Great job!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Found your link on the tutorial and had to comment because I also have an engineering degree and now use it to figure out how quilts go together since we had kids! From analytical to creative...gotta love it! :) You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteyou did a great job on this, it was fun wasn't it. I should be getting mine back any day now, sent it out with another to be quilted.
ReplyDelete